Welcome! Our zendo is open to all. Please click here if this is your first visit. Below are some brief guidelines.
- Arrive early. Allow time to make the transition to the dynamic stillness of the zendo.
- Avoid wearing perfume, aftershave, or other fragrances.
- Remove watches and noisy jewelry before entering the zendo.
- Silence cell phones.
- Leave any valuables in the changing room, not in the zendo foyer.
- Attire should be clean, dignified and restrained - no shorts, tank tops, distracting patterns and colors, or skin-tight clothing.
- If you bring food to the Zen Center at any time, be sure it's vegetarian.
- Observe silence. Moving during zazen not only disturbs others, it hinders your own concentration, creating even more discomfort.
- Participate! You will find the more you give of yourself, the more your understanding will deepen.