The Zen Center of Syracuse Board of Directors took the following actions:
- Accepted the minutes from the July 12 board of trustees and annual meetings with no corrections.
- The Zen Center is applying to the Central New York Community Foundation for a $50,000 grant to replace the windows in the Joshua Forman House with historically accurate new windows. The total cost to install and paint 63 windows in the building is $59,697. The board voted to commit up to $9,697 to the project.
- The board accepted the Finance Committee's recommendation to create a separate fund for the Sangha Woodlands, as a practical means to track money for plantings of indigenous trees and shrubs on the property.
- The Zen Center is applying for a William G. Pomoroy Foundation grant to erect an historic sign outlining the contributions of Joshua Forman, Syracuse's first president, and the role of the Zen Center's property.
- Jikishin James Douglass, web designer, previewed his work on the design of a new Zen Center of Syracuse website, to become operational later this fall.
- Shinge Roshi announced that she will become abbot of Dai Bosatsu Zendo in 2011. The board discussed her new role and its impact on Hoen-ji.
- Upcoming meetings: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Nov. 8, 2010 and Jan. 24, 2011.