The board of trustees took the following actions at its Jan. 24, 2011 meeting:
- Reported on the joyous ceremony installing Shinge Roshi as abbot of Dai Bosatsu Zendo on 1/1/11.
- Elected Togan Tim Kohlbrenner to be the next president of the Zen Center board during the 2012-15 term; elected Togan to serve as acting secretary until a new secretary is named; welcomed GetsuAn Ann Marshall to the board.
- Adopted the use of purchase orders at the Zen Center.
- Discussed unexpected costly repairs to the boiler at 266 W. Seneca Turnpike.
- Returned to a quarterly meeting schedule.
- Discussed Shinge Roshi's new role at Dai Bosatsu Zendo and the implications of negative blogging during the months when the Zen Studies Society board was making decisions involving a change in leadership. The board expressed gratitude for Roshi's dedication to the Dharma, which led her to take on the momentous role of abbot at DBZ during this tumultuous time. The board expressed its continued support and faith in her wisdom, integrity and decision making.